Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Incoming From Sheniz In London, England

Today i received this lovely letter in my favourite colour from Sheniz in London, England. She's a new pen pal but already feel like we're going to get on well, i have so much to tell her in response to her letter, i always love it when i can reply easily rather than having to think really hard about what i'm writing.

One of the first things i noticed was that bee stamp, i'm so in love with the new UK bee postage stamps, i managed to get a couple of the £1 versions for my pen pals (can be seen here). I wish i could receive them all but i'll only ever be sent the 1st and 2nd class one, which luckily happen to be my two favourites (although the £1.33 Bilberry Bumblebee is one too).

Sheniz made me a beautiful origami crane, she's recently been watching Prison Break and sent me this crane inspired by the paper swan Michael Scofield gives to Doctor Tancredi. It is said that a thousand paper cranes, one of every year of its life, makes a wish come true.
I've always loved making origami, one time i made a very complicated shark which has sat on our shelves in the hall for years, perhaps i'll make another one for Sheniz!

Amy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment