Monday, 12 October 2015

Outgoing Halloween Mail To Kit In Singapore

More Halloween mail is outgoing, this is going to Kit in Singapore in reply to her lovely letter. I changed it up a bit this time from the three i did before and turned to one of my favourite types of illustration: Anatomical. It's the detail in them that i find so fascinating and although my artwork is detailed i could never draw anything quite like them, so anatomically correct.

I selected some human anatomical drawings and a botanical drawing of Ivy for my envelope and worked my photoshop magic to create this compilation of the images. Once i printed it out i pinned on one of my little skeleton pals to grace the front, it's simple and i love it. I will have to stick his little legs down with tape to make sure he makes it through the journey though.


Like Kits letter i've jammed it full of things, both weird and wonderful! These include a letter, an orange pumpkin pop, glow in the dark spider, teas (which i'll explain more about below) and a little envelope full of spookiness such as stickers, balloons and window glow stickies.

I used another of my new cards to write my letter in, these ones are actually blank apposed to the others that had invitation details inside but the designs were just too cute not to buy! I also printed on the envelope to match the main one and jazzed it up with the spookiest washi tape i have, which i admit isn't very spooky at all! I used up more of my black witchy stickers from last year, they're so brilliant i think i might have to invest in some more ready for next year.

Now to the creative bit, since Kit sent me two amazing teas i thought i would sent her a selection of mine back. But of course they weren't anywhere near spooky enough for my Halloween letter, so back to photoshop i went and created some tea tags and sachets. I selected four flavours which were, Peppermint; Camomile & honey; Strawberry & Raspberry and Blackcurrant & Vanilla, none of these came individually wrapped so they had no tea tags and came as a large amount in a a little box. I added an extra ingredient to each... have you noticed? Of course i added a witches cauldron touch.Once i decided on my ingredients again i went with the anatomical and botanical illustrations to decorate both the sachets and tags, what do you think!?

Of course none of those teas actually contain eyeballs, frogs legs, bat wings and rabbits feet. A disclaimer on the back of each pack makes that crystal clear, as a vegetarian that would be the grossest tea on the planet (you probably don't even have to be vegetarian to think that!).Amy xo

5 comments:

  1. You're really crafty! The letter and everything included looks like a work of art! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) Did you get my last comment on your post, it's on your older blog? xo

      Delete
    2. Don't check it too much unless wordpress sends an email, which it didn't after your first one :) (But I did now that you said about it ;)) Send me an email with your address to lilylilkay@gmail.com and I can send you a letter next week after this week's deadlines are over :)

      Delete
  2. Goodness! Have to be one of my favourite Halloween theme mail! :D Those envelopes !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Corey! I hope that we can still swap one day xo

      Delete